Book your airline ticket
- Remember you need to arrive at your institute on time for orientation and enrolment
Prepare to leave your home country
- Decide what to bring.
- Plan your finances.
- Know what to expect when you arrive.
- Know the health checks you may need to take to enter Australia.
Get informed about your Institute
- Take note of orientation and enrolment dates.
- Remember important academic dates.
- Become familiar with Institute policies and procedures
Get to know your new surroundings
- Find out about what is available on and near to the campus.
- Find out about what is on in your proposed city itself and how you can get involved.
BOOK YOUR AIRLINE TICKET
Book an airline ticket as soon as you have accepted your place at your proposed institute, as seats are in heavy demand prior to the start of Semester/trimester. Please ensure you allow sufficient time for your visa application to be processed so you can arrive at your institute in time to attend orientation. Students must be present for the full duration of the orientation program.
WHAT ARE MY VISA CONDITIONS?
To maintain your visa, you must:
- study full-time while in the country
- maintain satisfactory academic progress
- maintain a valid enrolment at your Institute/University and notify Institute if you change your visa status
- immediately advise your Institute if you change your address
- have enough money to cover tuition fees and living expenses
- not work more than 40 hours per fortnight during each study trimester (you are allowed to work unlimited hours during study break)
- maintain valid Overseas Student Health Cover
- not transfer between registered education providers within the first six months of the starting date of your principal course, without a release letter from your original education provider.
PREPARING TO LEAVE YOUR HOME COUNTRY
You must bring the following documents with you to your institute/University when you arrive for orientation and enrolment:
- passport—check your expiry date as renewing your passport on destination country can takes some time
- Letter of Offer—the Letter of Offer is very important, as you will need to present it at the time of enrolment; please do not lose this document
- original or certified copies of your qualifications
- driver’s licence (if you have one)
- medical history or prescriptions required for ongoing medication.
FURNISHINGS AND HOUSEHOLD ITEMS
Not all accommodation (except for homestay) will include furniture or household items. All required items can be purchased easily from a wide variety of stores. Secondhand household items are available relatively cheaply.